- Position: bright but indirect sun
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current length: approximately 10cm (including pot)
Grown for their attractively patterned foliage that comes in a variety of colours, fittonias are low-growing creepers, which in time, can be used to trail over the edges of a shelf or cabinet.
- Home care: Keep well watered (using tepid water) during the growing season, but keep dryer during the winter. Lovers of high humidity, avoid placing them next to a radiator, and mist the foliage regularly if they are not grown in a steamy bathroom or kitchen. Maintain temperatures above 15°C in winter.